Monday 25 November 2019
Bernardo Hernandez, Venture Partner, e.Ventures; CEO, President, Verse
- Identifying and evaluating startups in Europe
- Who is investing and what kind of returns do they achieve?
- The role of venture capital firms in the European technology startup ecosystem
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 11:20 to 12:10 and will repeat from 12:20 to 13:10.
Mark Jackson, Scientific Lead of Business Development, Cambridge Quantum Computing
- Opportunities and threats in quantum computing encryption and security
- The new frontiers of pattern discovery made possible with quantum technology
- Potential paths for development and applications
Anne Tolmunen, CFA, Lead Portfolio Manager on the AXA WF Women Empowerment Fund, AXA Investment Managers
- The case for investing in companies with greater gender diversity
- Incorporating non-traditional criteria into investment decisions
- How can investors drive change?
Pablo Fernandez, Professor of Finance, IESE Business School
- A closer look at assumptions in valuation models; discerning between facts, opinions and theories
- Problems with calculated betas
- How can common errors be corrected?
Speaker: Santiago Fernández Valbuena: Partner, Investtech, Deputy Chairman, EBN Banco
Moderator: Alicia Rubi, CFA, COO, Findango Finance
- Geopolitics and economics in the region
- What sets private equity opportunities apart in Latin America?
- Why is Brazil different?
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 14:10 to 15:00 and will repeat from 15:10 to 16:00.
Julia Meigh, Senior Analyst, Neudata
- An overview of most common ESG data issues
- Generating a more objective ESG risk signal
- Using alternative data to measure ESG intangibles
Sylvia Sonnendrucker, CFA, Managing Partner at Millennial Quest
- Why is it important to train the mind?
- Simple ways to improve decision-making
- Applications for the corporate environment
Diana Choyleva, Chief Economist, Enodo Economics
- Tectonic shifts in US-China relations
- Understanding what’s at stake
- Quantifying the economic and political costs of the trade war
Bill Browder, CEO, Hermitage Capital; Head, Global Magnitsky Justice Campaign; Author of Red Notice
- The rewards and costs of activist investing in emerging markets
- Russian influence on global politics and the effects of the Magnitsky Act
- Uncovering money laundering schemes around the world
Enjoy an evening of networking with Spanish flair, flavours and fun inside one of the most exclusive, modern and avant-garde spaces in the city!
Palacio Neptuno is a 3 minute walk from the conference venue and located a few metres from Plaza de Canovas del Castillo and the Paseo del Prado.
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Yanis Varoufakis, Former Minister of Finance of Greece
Paul Gordon, Team Leader, Western European Central Banks, Bloomberg News
- How are globalization, wealth inequality, and populism impacting Europe’s political and economic future?
- The most pressing economic risks for the Eurozone
- Alternatives to capitalism
These sessions will run concurrently on Tuesday from 10:05 to 10:55 and will repeat from 11:25 to 12:15
Josh Wade, Global Business Propositions, Calastone
- Understanding the hype behind distributed ledger technology
- How is distributed ledger technology transforming the asset management industry?
- Lessons from Calastone’s migration of clients to distributed ledger technology
Alex Brooks, Senior Equity Analyst, Canaccord Genuity
- A ground-up view of the nascent cannabis industry in Europe
- Can European investors enjoy similar returns to those in Canadian cannabis?
- Legal, regulatory and reputational challenges
Lionel Martellini, Director, EDHEC-Risk Institute, Professor of Finance, EDHEC Business School
- The looming pension crisis
- An overview of currently available retirement products
- Flexicure retirement solutions
Vitali Kalesnik, Partner, Director of Research for Europe, Research Affiliates
- Exaggerated expectations about factor performance
- Why factor returns are prone to larger than expected downside shocks?
- Unravelling the mystery of vanishing portfolio diversifications
Olof Granstrom, Political Scientist and Economist, Novus
- Facts vs. instincts
- Applying slow thinking to understand the world and to avoid being guided by fast thinking
- An assessment of global development and projections on where it’s heading