Monday 25 November 2019
Bernardo Hernandez, Venture Partner, e.Ventures; CEO, President, Verse Inc
- Identifying and evaluating startups in Europe
- Who is investing and what kind of returns do they achieve?
- The role of venture capital firms in the European technology startup ecosystem
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 11:20 to 12:10 and will repeat from 12:20 to 13:10.
Mark Jackson, Scientific Lead of Business Development, Cambridge Quantum Computing
- Opportunities and threats in quantum computing encryption and security
- The new frontiers of pattern discovery made possible with quantum technology
- Potential paths for development and applications
Anne Tolmunen, CFA, Lead Portfolio Manager on the AXA WF Women Empowerment Fund, AXA Investment Managers
- The case for investing in companies with greater gender diversity
- Incorporating non-traditional criteria into investment decisions
- How can investors drive change?
Pablo Fernandez, Professor of Finance, IESE Business School
- A closer look at assumptions in valuation models; discerning between facts, opinions and theories
- Problems with calculated betas
- How can common errors be corrected?
Speaker: Santiago Fernández Valbuena: Partner, Investtech, Deputy Chairman, EBN Banco
Moderator: Alicia Rubi, CFA, COO, Findango Finance
- Geopolitics and economics in the region
- What sets private equity opportunities apart in Latin America?
- Why is Brazil different?
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 14:10 to 15:00 and will repeat from 15:10 to 16:00.
Julia Meigh, Senior Analyst, Neudata
- An overview of most common ESG data issues
- Generating a more objective ESG risk signal
- Using alternative data to measure ESG intangibles
Sylvia Sonnendrucker, CFA, Managing Partner at Millennial Quest
- Why is it important to train the mind?
- Simple ways to improve decision-making
- Applications for the corporate environment
Diana Choyleva, Chief Economist, Enodo Economics
- Tectonic shifts in US-China relations
- Understanding what’s at stake
- Quantifying the economic and political costs of the trade war
Bill Browder, CEO, Hermitage Capital; Head, Global Magnitsky Justice Campaign; Author of Red Notice
- The rewards and costs of activist investing in emerging markets
- Russian influence on global politics and the effects of the Magnitsky Act
- Uncovering money laundering schemes around the world
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Yanis Varoufakis, Former Minister of Finance of Greece
- How are globalization, wealth inequality, and populism impacting Europe’s political and economic future?
- The most pressing economic risks for the Eurozone
- Technological innovations changing the global economy
These sessions will run concurrently on Tuesday from 10:05 to 10:55 and will repeat from 11:25 to 12:15
Kate Webber, Managing Director, Head of Product Development, Calastone
- Understanding the hype behind distributed ledger technology
- How is distributed ledger technology transforming the asset management industry?
- Lessons from Calastone’s migration of clients to distributed ledger technology
Lionel Martellini, Director, EDHEC-Risk Institute, Professor of Finance, EDHEC Business School
- The looming pension crisis
- An overview of currently available retirement products
- Flexicure retirement solutions
Olof Gränström, Political Scientist and Economist, Novus
- Facts vs. instincts
- Applying slow thinking to understand the world and to avoid being guided by fast thinking
- An assessment of global development and projections on where it’s heading