Tuesday, 27 November 2018
- What does it take to become a whistleblower?
- How can legislation help protect employees who report wrongdoing?
- How does whistleblowing affect career opportunities and personal lives?
Moderator: Josina Kamerling, Head of Regulatory Outreach, EMEA, CFA Institute
Speaker: Stephanie Gibaud, Author and UBS Whistleblower
These sessions will run concurrently on Tuesday from 09:55 to 10:45 and will repeat from 11:15 to 12:05.
In this workshop, the participants will create a plan for incorporating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process of a pension fund and compare it with the real-life approach the company took. The participants will learn
- which steps to consider before and during the integration of ESG factors into an existing investment process,
- pitfalls to avoid, and
- hurdles to overcome in an organization.
Speaker: Joachim Klement, CFA, Head of Investment Research, Fidante Partners
This workshop will give background on the technological advances that led to currently available artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) technologies, and it will demonstrate AI solutions used in the financial industry. The participants will learn about
- the technical breakthroughs that are changing the world of finance and beyond,
- what artificial intelligence can and cannot do when it comes to data processing, and
- how machines are changing the jobs of human analysts.
Speaker: Fabian Astic, Managing Director, Analytic and Technology Solutions, Moody’s Investors Service
The workshop will teach how to identify signs of compromised performance in financial decision making. The participants will learn
- how to manipulate uncertainty tolerance,
- how mindset shapes investment strategy, and
- key strategies for avoiding burnout.
Speaker: Mithu Storoni, Physician, Stress Management Consultant, and Author of Stress-Proof
- Free trade, financial infrastructure, and the consequences of wealth inequality
- Exploring drivers of populism
- Is the global economic system broken?
Lajos Bokros, Professor of Economics and Public Policy, Central European University; Former Minister of Finance of Hungary; Former Managing Director of the National Bank of Hungary
Bernard Cazeneuve, Lawyer, August Debouzy; Former Prime Minister of France and Minister of the Interior
Mark Malloch‐Brown, Senior Advisor, Eurasia Group; Former Deputy Secretary-General and Chief of Staff, UN
Marko Papic, Chief Geopolitical Strategist and Senior Vice President, BCA Research