Monday, 26 November 2018
- The past and the future of the political risk consulting industry
- How to make more accurate forecasts
- How to evaluate political risk analysis
Speaker: John Hulsman, President, John C. Hulsman Enterprises
- The balance between insourcing and outsourcing asset management
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with asset managers
- How are asset owners incorporating sustainable investment strategies in their portfolios?
Moderator: Gary Baker, CFA, Managing Director, EMEA, CFA Institute
Kati Eriksson, CFA, Head of Investments, Aalto University Endowment
Hamza Khushaim, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, International Investments, Hassana Investment Company
Elena Manola-Bonthond, Chief Investment Officer, CERN Pension Fund
A discussion presenting two opposing views on ESG’s practical impact on investments. Mirjam Staub-Bisang will argue that ESG has now become a mainstream consideration affecting assets around the world. Sony Kapoor will bring up arguments to the contrary.
Moderator: Rhodri Preece, CFA, Head, Industry Research, CFA Institute
Sony Kapoor, Managing Director, Re-Define
Mirjam Staub-Bisang, Chair, Profond Pension Plan; Head, BlackRock Switzerland
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 12:10 to 13:00 and will repeat from 14:10 to 15:00.
This workshop will provide tools for investors to analyze green bonds. The participants will learn about
- trends in the green bonds market,
- the drivers of investor demand, and
- technical aspects of evaluating green bonds.
Justine Leigh-Bell, Director of Market Development and Deputy CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
Doris Kramer, Head of Investment Strategies, Sustainability, KfW
This workshop will demonstrate some best practices for building teams with the skills to incorporate artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) in the development of financial products. The participants will learn
- when should AI/ML be deployed in financial services,
- how should data science teams be managed to maximize effectiveness, and
- how should quant teams partner with IT to deliver investor-focused products.
Speaker: Lee Davidson, CFA, Head of Quantitative Research, Morningstar
This workshop will provide a chance to participate in a live experiment to understand how to improve our group decisions. The participants will learn
- how to optimize collective intelligence,
- how to build consensus when there seem to be unsolvable discrepancies, and
- how to reveal biases that govern our decisions.
Speaker: Mariano Sigman, Neuroscientist, Author, and Professor, Business School of Universidad di Tella
- Adjusting to robo-advisors
- The choice between active and passive management
- Rising interest rates, volatility, and their effects on investment strategies
- The future of asset management jobs and of the investment industry
Moderator: Rebecca Fender, CFA, Head, Future of Finance, CFA Institute
Naïm Abou-Jaoudé, CEO, Candriam Investors Group; Chairman, New York Life Investment Management International
Pascal Blanqué, Group Chief Investment Officer, Amundi
Marie Dzanis, Head of EMEA and CEO, Northern Trust Global Investments
- Distinguishing between value creation and value extraction
- Where does true value come from?
- Why is money a poor indicator of value?
- How to create an economic and social order that promotes value creation?
Speaker: Mariana Mazzucato, Chair in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London (UCL); Founder and Director, The UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
Organised group transfers will be provided from the conference venue to Pavillons de Bercy – Musée des Arts Forains. Buses will depart from outside Le Meridien Etoile at 17:15; the journey is approximately 50 minutes, traffic dependent. Return buses will be available to take guests back to Le Meridien Etoile from 20:30 until event close.