Monday, 26 November 2018
CFA Society France Representative
- The past and the future of the political risk consulting industry
- How to make more accurate forecasts?
- How to evaluate political risk analysis?
Speaker: John Hulsman, President, John C. Hulsman Enterprises
- The benefits and drawbacks of insourcing asset management
- What kind of impact are new regulations, such as MiFID II, having on asset owners?
- How are asset owners incorporating sustainable investment strategies in their portfolios?
Moderator: Gary Baker, CFA, Managing Director, EMEA, CFA Institute
Kati Eriksson, CFA, Head of Investments, Aalto University Endowment
Hamza Khushaim, CFA, Chief Investment Officer, International Investments, Hassana Investment Company
Elena Manola-Bonthond, Chief Investment Officer, CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)
- Action plan on sustainable finance
- Banking Union and Capital Markets Union
- The impact of Brexit on European capital markets
- The implementation of MiFID II
Moderator: Josina Kamerling, Head of Regulatory Outreach, EMEA, CFA Institute
Speaker: Ugo Bassi, Director, Financial Market, European Commission, DG Financial Stability, Financial and Capital Markets Union
These sessions will run concurrently on Monday from 12:10 to 13:00 and will repeat from 14:10 to 15:00.
This workshop will provide tools for investors to analyze green bonds. The participants will learn about
- trends in the green bonds market,
- the drivers of investor demand, and
- technical aspects of evaluating green bonds.
Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
Doris Kramer, Head of Investment Strategies, Sustainability, KfW
This workshop will demonstrate some best practices for building teams with the skills to incorporate artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) in the development of financial products. The participants will learn
- when should AI/ML be deployed in financial services,
- how should data science teams be managed to maximize effectiveness, and
- how should quant teams partner with IT to deliver investor-focused products.
Speaker: Lee Davidson, CFA, Head of Quantitative Research, Morningstar
This workshop will provide a chance to participate in a live experiment to understand how to improve our group decisions. The participants will learn
- how to optimize collective intelligence,
- how to build consensus when there seem to be unsolvable discrepancies, and
- how to reveal biases that govern our decisions.
Speaker: Mariano Sigman, Neuroscientist, Author, and Professor, Business School of Universidad di Tella
- Adjusting to robo-advisors
- The shift from active to passive management
- Rising interest rates, volatility, and their effects on investment strategies
- The future transformation of asset management jobs
Moderator: Rebecca Fender, CFA, Head, Future of Finance, CFA Institute
Naïm Abou-Jaoudé, CEO, Candriam Investors Group; Chairman, New York Life Investment Management International
Pascal Blanqué, Group Chief Investment Officer, Amundi
Marie E. Dzanis, Head of EMEA and CEO, Northern Trust Global Investments
Louis-Vincent Gave, Founding Partner and CEO, Gavekal
- Distinguishing between value creation and value extraction
- Where does true value come from?
- Why is money a poor indicator of value?
- How to create an economic and social order that promotes value creation
Speaker: Mariana Mazzucato, Chair in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London (UCL); Founder and Director, The UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose